In providing our services we act as a Data Processor on behalf of our clients. The platforms in China and their subsidiaries, affiliates and authorised agents (including without limitation, Baidu, Tencent, Sina, China Internet Network Information Center) are the Data Controllers who will be responsible for ensuring information protection.
In the events where we may obtain and store personal data and other information for our own purposes, we will act as Data Controller. We may request and store names, addresses and other contact details. Such information will be used by us for our own administrative and marketing purposes only.
What Personal Information do We Collect?
We may collect and process the following personal information:
- Individual details: name, address and other contact details (such as email address, telephone number).
- Identification details: identification numbers issued by government bodies or agencies (such as passport number, driver’s licence number)
How do We Obtain Personal Information?
We may collect and receive personal information about you from:
- Information you provide when filling in forms on the website, contacting us, requesting a quote and signing a contract.
- Information about you received from our representatives and agents.
- Information we acquire from offline events (such as offline conferences, workshops).
How do We Use and Disclose Your Personal Information?
We may use personal information that we collect or that is provided to us, for any of the following purposes:
- To provide you our services.
- To provide you with information, products, or services you request from us.
- To communicate with you.
- For our administrative purpose, such as carrying out accounting via FreeAgent (online accounting software) under an agreed contract.
- For our marketing purpose, such as mailing list via MailChimp (a marketing automation platform) upon your consent.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it or with your consent.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To our employees, officers, representatives, advisers, agents or subcontractors who need to know such information for the purposes of carrying out our obligations under an agreed contract.
- To the platforms in China and their subsidiaries, affiliates and authorised agents, including (without limitation), Baidu, Tencent, Sina, China Internet Network Information Center under an agreed contract.
- As may be required by law, court order or any governmental or regulatory authority.
We will not rent, sell or lease your personal information to other companies or individuals.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You have a right to access, rectify, modify and delete any data referring to you. In order to exercise this right please immediately notify us by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Information” section below.
Cross-Border Transfers (other than to the E.U. or Switzerland)
In order to provide you our services under an agreed contract, your personal information may be transferred to China or other countries where the Chinese platforms may have their subsidiaries and affiliates. By using our services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our website.
We will not release website usage information, in whole or in part, to anyone.
We seek to use reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information within our company. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Information” section below.
If you join our mailing list via MailChimp, we will use the information you provide to contact you from time to time with notifications, news, information and updates about us and our services. Please be assured you will be able to unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time.
We may disclose or transfer your personal information to any third parties, including without limitation, the platforms in China and their subsidiaries, affiliates and authorised agents, FreeAgent and MailChimp, upon your consent or under an agreed contract. Please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or processing of your personal information.
Third party links on the site may direct you to third party websites that are not affiliated with us. Please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or processing of your personal information.
Market Me China Limited
35 Vicarage Gate
St Erth, Hayle
We will endeavour to respond to you promptly.